Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sokoni One



We spent a couple of days in Sokoni One (one of the poorest neighborhoods in Tanzania) and I got to see my "favorite" little girl, Esther. She was very sick so I was able to take her by taxi to the clinic where it was determined that she had malaria. :( Her doctor's visit including the cost of her medicine which we picked up at a pharmacy was a total of $8000 shillings (a little less than $8USD) Unfortunately, her family would never have been able to afford this cost. While we waited for her results, I saw several people being turned away as they did not have enough money. It was incredibly sad to see, I wanted to pay for everyone, but that is the American in me just wanting to "fix" the problems of Africa. So instead I just prayed for them. I prayed that God would meet them in their pain and heal them of their illnesses. After all, HE is the great healer. A few days later when I visited Ester again, I could tell she was feeling a lot better! Thank you Jesus!!

No comments: