Sunday, October 25, 2009

Dinner Party

Friday night I decided to have a little dinner party with soda and spaghetti. The guests included Jumanne, Hadija, Miriam, and Rehema. The children, as usual, were sooo hungry! I bought a crate of soda and they had so much fun picking out which flavors they wanted (Fanta, Sprite, Coke, etc.) It was all they could think about, but I made them wait until we sat down for dinner. Jumanne's favorite thing to do at our house is take a shower. It must be a nice change from cold bucket showers... While he was enjoying the treat of warm water pouring down on him, the girls and I had a photo shoot in my room.

Here are Miriam and Neema singing He's Got the Whole World in his hands...
Miriam rocking the cowboy boots!

The girls just laughing at who knows what...I love this picture

Then Jesus said to his host, "When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. But when you give a banquet, invite the poor. (Luke 14)

1 comment:

and 2 became 5 said...

wonderful, heath. thanks for the dose of perspective.....much needed.