Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Step by sweet step

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. 
Psalm 119:105

This verse speaks volumes to me right now. God has been so faithful in directing my steps these past few weeks. He is opening doors and closing doors and affirming me in the direction I should go. I am so incredibly thankful. I have to say that though some closed doors have brought heartache, I have to be grateful that God has answered my prayer. If I truly want to follow Him and surrender my personal desires, than I have to be prepared to accept his authority over my life. I have to trade my tears for the hope of His plan which is greater than any plan I can devise on my own. Sometimes it gets hard because I become impatient and want to know immediately the outcome of certain situations, but it is in these days, weeks, months of waiting that I am trying to grow into a woman of wisdom and patience. I want to become more like my African friends who rely on Him for their every need. They rely on Him when they see Him and when they don't. I also want to always remember to be grateful. Today I am especially grateful for: 

God's sovereignty

faithful prayer warriors

financial provision

health and protection

and an amazing Shepherd who has divine goodness and mercy throughout my life and forever!

No comments: