Thursday, November 19, 2009

does it get any better than this!?

So yesterday I took Juma, Rehema, Miriam, and Fabien to get some new clothes. We piled into my car and headed to this huge second hand market here in Arusha. They have never seen anything like this! I was amazed at their patience as they waited while I picked out clothes for each one. They were even helping me pick clothes for each other. No one was saying "me me me!!" or "my turn!" They were just happy that the other was getting new stuff. It was beautiful. I can learn so much from them.

I am sad to report that I didnt take my camera. I was so bummed when I realized I had forgotten it. But if you can just imagine the smiles of trying on something new. Maybe the first new thing you have ever had! The first thing that you could call your own. It was those kinds of smiles.

They each got a couple of new pair of pants, some shirts, a sweater, and pajamas! We were there for over an hour and by the time we left all the vendors knew their names and were calling out to them....they felt so special. On the way to the car they all said "Thank you Mama" as they were running and skipping through the rain drizzling from the sky.

I told them that I loved them so very much but these new clothes and their new house and the beds where they sleep are all because of Jesus. That his love for them far exceeds anything I can give them. May they always see Jesus as their Savior...

No comments: