Saturday, May 23, 2009

Africa Time....

One thing I love about Africa is no one is in a hurry....it really makes the day seem longer. I cant believe we have only been here 4 days we have already done so much! Wednesday morning we of course went and visited baby Neema in her village and lets just say she is not a baby anymore! She is talking so much!!! Its all swahili so who knows what she talks about all day but she doesnt seem to mind that I dont understand her. I took her with me to dinner at Alexis and Jacqui's house and we had so much fun as they were able to translate everthing for me. She is actually really witty apparently. She is doing really well, and im so happy to be with her.

We have visited Lohada and met the director and we plan to go to the second campus which is where the school is located next week. We have also already been out to Cradle of Love to see those babies and it was amazing to see how they too have grown so much! it was so fun to see all the sweet nannies who i had grown so attached to! The new infant facility is done and there were so many preemie infants, very tiny and sick. It made me so sad.

Last night Dad and I went to a restaurant called Blue Heron to see some of my friends from church play guitar and drums. It was a big reunion among a lot of our friends from last fall. It was so good to see everyone again. Life in Arusha is wonderful. The weather is perfect (about 70), the people are so lovely, and the Spirit is alive and well here!

I hope you all are doing great! I miss you!

2 comments:

Eliza's Travels said...

Heath-
Ah! good to talk to you this morning. Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you and always glad to see updates on the blog- though, im not sure I'm savy enough to do the whole twitter thing.

I love you and you are doing amazing things.

Is rachel still there?

and neema talking in swahili makes me laugh. she is a chatter.

Taylor Wise said...

heathie- we miss you so! hug neema for us. and could you send me a picture of the crocs if you can? talk to you soon! Taylor and Lilla