Saturday, November 22, 2008

Lusaka, Zambia

Hallie has gone back to America and I am now flying solo...I am in Lusaka, Zambia staying with Chris and Norma Ferguson. I met Chris on my first trip to Africa, where he spoke to our group about the horrific conditions of his home country Zimbabwe. His bold words of the basically negligent western world and our obsessions with ourselves were extremely convicting. He challenged us with TRUTH and filled our hearts with the words of Jesus where he calls us to the poor and suffering.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. Proverbs 14:31

Last summer, I was blessed enough to go and visit Zimbabwe and see for myself the state of the country; and it is most definitely a struggling nation. But it was wonderful to be there...I met Chris' wife Norma and spent an incredible week on their farm, feeding orphans, transporting people to clinics, and praying with the dying. It was heavy...but I felt God there in a way I had never felt Him before.

Chris and Norma now live in Zambia due to the crisis and I will be here with them for two more weeks! We have visited three orphanages here and having lived in Africa for most of their lives, they have a plethora of knowledge to help me with Takes A Whole Village. I am so grateful that God has brought them into my life.

I will be home in December in time for Christmas and I look forward to sharing more with each of you in person. I continue to thank God for all of you...what an amazing group of supporters...im humbled.

No comments: